In light of updated Scottish Government advice regarding Coronavirus we have taken the decision to postpone this event until further notice.
If you would like to keep up to date about our events please sign up to our newsletter.
A free one-day seminar to discuss conservation area policy and management. The event is primarily geared towards heritage sector practitioners.
This event will be an opportunity for local authorities, advocacy groups, policy makers and decision makers to get together and talk about what is most important to them for good place-making.
We will be looking at what’s working and not working. We will be talking about current best practice and looking at the resources available to deliver locally. We will be looking at the expectations of communities and stakeholders. We will also be sharing initial plans for new conservation areas policy and guidance and looking for feedback and further participation.
The day will be divided into three sections:
- reality and resources
- policy roadmapping
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Douglas (Scottish Borders Council)
- Christina Sinclair (Scottish Borders Council)
- Rachel Haworth (Heritage Consultant)
- Nick Haynes (Heritage Consultant)
- Sonya Linskaill (Conservation Architect)
- Martin Robertson (AHSS Chair)
- Dawn McDowell (Historic Environment Scotland)
- Simon Montgomery (Historic Environment Scotland)